Keeping 'Em Honest: Wall Street's Track Record Is Not Good
Every December, Barron's, the weekly financial magazine, asks Wall Street strategists to pick the best and worst sectors to invest in, and every year their picks perform poorly relative to the unmanaged Standard & Poor's 500 index. 2017 was much the same.
It's not uncommon for the consensus forecast of economists to fail to predict if the economy will expand or fall into a recession - a question with just two possible answers.
On December 19th, 2016, Barron's published its annual outlook for the year ahead, featuring forecasts from 10 "top" Wall Street investment strategists.
© 2019. All Rights Reserved.
- Be Prepared For Tax Policy To Swing Back
- Business Owners: Avert Obstacles To Tax Savings
- 7 Tax Breaks Eliminated Or Curtailed
- Sun Starts Setting On Solar Tax Credit From Uncle Sam
- Stocks Plunge When Investors Earn The Equity Risk Premium
- HSA Or FSA: Which Is Better For Medical Savings?
- Year-End 2018 Taxes And Your Home Office Deductions
- Strategic Considerations In Funding College
- A New Risk To Converting To A Roth IRA
- A Reminder About Harvesting 2018 Tax Losses
- A Timely Tax Tactic For Business Owners
- Pre-Retirees To Convert To IRAs More Often
- Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
- Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing
- 2018 Estate Tax Changes And What May Be Ahead